Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Eight More Days

Don't tell Grandma, but I've already failed and she's only been gone for 12 hours. Mace didn't have school today, so that meant he was supposed to be with me until time for me to go to court at 12:15. We took Casey to school and when we got back home Mace and I went upstairs so I could take a shower. When I got in the shower, Mace was playing with his Diego Rescue Center in the playroom. When I got out of the shower, Mace was still playing with his Diego Rescue Center. Five minutes later, however, when I got finished drying my hair, I hollered for him and he didn't answer. I went to the top of the stairs and hollered, "Maaaace!" He yells back, "Right here!" As I headed down the stairs I could hear the water in the kitchen sink running.

Never a good sign.

Here's another not-so-good sign:

That bottle of soap was over half full at breakfast.

Actually, I have no idea if it was over half full because I haven't noticed the level of dish soap in the bottle since, well, the last time Grandma left -- but I assume the bottle was over half full of soap at breakfast because of the amount of soap that was on the bottom of the sink under all the water, and the amount of soap on the floor and on the chair Mace was standing on when I came into the kitchen.

I don't have a picture of Mace because my taking a picture of him in timeout might have been interpreted by him as an approval of his actions. So just trust me when I tell you that he was soaked and very proud of himself.

But the day was just beginning. My office assistant came to the house at 9:30 to get started and so I gathered up the firetruck, a bowl of party mix and a cup of chocolate milk and we headed downstairs to the office. By 10:10 we had chased him down outside twice, helped him put on and take off the electric guitar from the man cave 3 times, and pulled him and Joe's nail gun down from a ladder. I gave up and called Heidi to see if I could take him over to her house two hours earlier than originally planned.

He was a good boy at Heidi's.

Well of course he was.

So let's skip to dinner -- surely I pulled myself together by dinner and ended the day on a positive note, right?

Never mind.


  1. Aw!!! Grandma come back soon !! :)

  2. This was just precious. Sounds a little like my day but, I don't have a Mace to blame mine on. Just a flat tire while at Bernice's so, we missed church tonight (along with Mom's windshield being replaced today thanks to a small stone that cracked it across the drivers side). What fun, huh? LOL


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.