Friday, June 12, 2009

A Shocking Discovery

Our house is baby-proofed for the most part. The knife drawer has a catch on it. The cabinet under the sink has a catch on it. We keep the steps leading from the porch down to the front and backyards blocked off. We are, for the most part, responsible parents. But we have no less than 130 electrical outlets in our house (this is really an estimate -- I tried to count them, but got lost in the east wing and had to call the dog to come find me and lead me back to the kitchen, so I lost track). Apparently, however, we have at least one unprotected (i.e., not covered with a plastic insert that is impossible to get out) outlet in our house. And here it is:

I really just don't have the words to express what I felt when I saw this last night. Joe nearly fainted when he saw it. Seriously, he went white. How on earth did the two year old survive his brush with death? I still haven't figured it out.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Joe can correct me on this -- but the screws are in the "ground" part of the plug. Should Mace have stuck something into one of the slots, then he would have encountered 110 volts. Just an answer . . .


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.